f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Once Upon a Book Haul - #26 (Stacking the Shelves)
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Once Upon a Book Haul - #26 (Stacking the Shelves)







Inspired by all the book-haul memes I've seen floating around (and mostly accredited to Stacking the Shelves) Once Upon A Book Haul is my own version of a book haul/round-up here at Once Upon A Prologue.  It's a fun way for me to show off the books I've begged, borrowed, or stolen - and in a rare case, actually bought!  I love showing off my pretty new books, be they ARCS I'll pass on or books I'll keep just as much as I do seeing what y'all have added to YOUR collection, so be sure to leave me a link to YOUR haul in the comments so we can squee together over our new books!  (It's totally not embarrassing if we're squee'ing together in case y'all didn't know...)


This is my Stacking the Shelves for the last half of January and early February! 



For Review


Wasteland by Susan Kim and Laurence Klavan
Pulse by Patrick Carman 
Mind Games by Kiersten White

I was happily surprised when this package showed up from HarperTeen.  I only requested Mind Games, but the other two look really interesting! I haven't read anything by Kiersten but I'm excited to!


Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel

I've been wanting to read the series for awhile so when the pretty finished copy showed up, I downloaded the first book.  And how cool does Clockwork Key look?



The Ward by Jordana Frankel
Asunder by Jodi Meadows
Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley

I'm reading Incarnate now for PitchDark Book's read-a-long so I can read Asunder soon!  I was really happily surprised to see it and The Ward show up by surprise with Pretty Girl-13.  I'm SUPER psyched for Pretty Girl-13, because I've had a thing for kidnap stories since I read The Face On the Milk Carton series as a teen! 



 

Oxford Whispers by Marion Croslydon
The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau

I think both these sound cool.  Oxford Whispers is a contemporary/paranormal in the "new adult" age range that I'm really looking forward to! 

Won



Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Crewel by Gennifer Albin

I participated in Pitch Dark's Under the Never Sky read-a-long and won Through the Ever Night. V Rossi was kind enough to sign the copies for the winners.  I cannot WAIT to read this.

I read a galley of Crewel last year, so I was psyched to win a signed hardcover!
 
Bought


 Splintered by A.G. Howard

I read an e-galley of this one and LOVED IT.  JEBBBBBBB.  So of course, I pre-ordered a finished copy.



The Archived by Victoria Schwab * + 

 + This book is gorgeous.  V does a fantastic job of showing it off here, but it is just beautiful.  The cover is so soft.  The back cover is CREEPY, and the end papers look like old wallpaper.  It.  Is.  Awesome.

* I bought The Archived, then went to Victoria's launch party last night in Nashville.  It was AMAZING.  I got to talk with her for a few minutes, and met some other awesome local bloggers.  Victoria is AWESOME in case y'all were wondering.  I was a little bit star struck but she was so friendly, and you guys.  SHE KNEW WHO I WAS.  I said my first name and she KNEW MY LAST NAME.  *passes out*  Anyway, it is always going to be one of my favorite memories.  It went something like this:

Molli: *stares at V* *is starstruck* *tries to remember how to talk*  "Hi!"
V: "Hi!  Do you want me to personalize your book?"
Molli: *stares* "Yes!  To Molli with an "i."
V: "Oh yes!  Moran, right?  I'm so happy you're here, and for the launch!"
Molli: *dies* "Me too!  Nothing could have stopped me."
V: *talks while Molli tries to collect herself*
V: "You're in my neighborhood!"
Molli and V: *excited squeeing*

Then we took a picture together and I huddled in the corner.  Not really, about the corner.  Buuuuut best moment ever.  You guys.  You know how we all have those authors who we just adore?  Victoria is one of mine.  Somewhere between reading The Near Witch, her blog/vlogs, and The Archived, I just, I admire her so much.  To think that's she's a year younger than me and has done so many things.  She just inspires me every day.  


* Thanks so much to Pitch Dark Books/Epic Reads, Simon & Schuster, Harper Teen, St Martin's Press, Marion Croysldon, and Macmillan!  *


What new lovely books did you add to YOUR shelves?  Have you read some of my new books that I haven't?  Let me know which ones I should be most excited for, and leave me a link to YOUR STS/book haul! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pulse, The Ward and Pretty Girl-13.....green with envy! Fantastic haul and so chuffed that you had a great time at the launch :D

Obsession with Books said...

An amazing haul Molli & how wonderful you got to go to the launch and meet Victoria! My reaction would have been the same as yours ;)

I'm really excited about reading Wasteland, The Ward and Pulse.

Happy reading :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!